more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Vegan Mofo VI-Day 18- An Apple A Day


 This week has been crazy. I have had to let a few things go to the wayside. I really need to get some rest, but there was just too much that needed to be done. I foolishly tried to do it all and now here I am, super tired and feeling like absolute crêpe. I usually end up doing this to myself about once a year, but this one came early. I have been drinking lots of tea and gargling with an apple cider/water solution. I slept in until about 11 a.m. this morning. I should be feeling much better in a few days. Now that some of my stressors have been knocked out I should be able to get back on track tomorrow. Yay!

If I didn't already mention it, I work in a library. We have a weekly storytime which is a lot of fun, at least when I observe from the desk. We recently did an apple theme, which was one of my favorites since I love apples. We take turns choosing topics, books, crafts/activities. My boss chose the topic so I helped pick the craft and the books. I don't remember the books because we do our planning so far in advance, but the craft was super cute. We cut a frame out of construction paper, lay it down on a piece of contact paper and let the children stick colored tissue paper on top to fill it in. We always do a test to make sure it's not too difficult and to have an example to show the kids. Since I'm a big kid and I'm the one who found the craft, I got to make the sample. Isn't it adorable?
My other co-worker bought several different types of apples so the kids could have a variety to choose from. She dropped them off at my house and asked me to make labels for them. More fun for me! The best part was that after the shift was over, she had way too many apples to take home so she let me have a few. She knows I am crazy about honeycrisps so those are the ones she gave me. The only thing better than honeycrisps are FREE HONEYCRISPS, right?

I don't know how true it is that an apple a day will keep the doctor away, but it sure couldn't hurt to try. I think I'm going to have one for my snack during "Scandal" and work toward catching up on my 5 a day. Peace!

No comments: