more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Monday, October 15, 2012

Vegan Mofo VI- Day 15- I Love L.A.!


Woo hoo! What a great turn out for AIDS Walk Los Angeles yesterday. We got there early enough to make our way super close to the starting line which has never happened since we are usually running late. I was so excited. Then my sister pointed out a staff member who was looking for people to carry signs. I had to do it! You could drop them off at any of the checkpoints along the route but I ended up dumping mine at the first one because I was also weighed down by my purse. After I ate/drank some of the things that were my bag, I was able to pick up a sign again at another checkpoint and carry it the rest of the way, yay! It was a gorgeous day and we raised a bunch of money.

After our walk, we stopped for lunch at Veggie Grill at the Farmer's Market. I didn't know what to order since I'd only been there one other time. I knew I loved the Mac-n-Cheese, Buffalo Wings and Steamin' Kale. The "Crab" Cake was good too, but I wasn't in the mood for that. I thought about getting the Buffalo Bomber (sammich) and upgrading my side to kale, but I would still want mac and that is too much food, even for me. So in the end, I decided to just order two sides and a starter. If they would just make this into a bowl it would be easier for me to order and less dishes for their staff. I forgot to write it up for the suggestion box, maybe next time.

Since it was just across the street, we stopped at Whole Foods, which is usually a treat for me since we do not have one nearby, but I didn't know we were going there so I didn't even know what I wanted from there. I had maybe 15 left from my "lunch" budget but I didn't really find anything to blow it on since I didn't bring my insulated bag with me and we had at least an hour on the road on a hot day. I ended up just getting some water, which my sister bought since she is nice like that. I almost bought some cookies from their bakery but I couldn't justify it since I have everything I need to bake some at home and the ones I make are better. Good thing I saved my money because we went to see Argo later that night and it was amazing.

No comments: