more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Vegan Mofo VI- Day 14- Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia!


                                                                                     I have had the worst energy/motivation issue all week. I did not want to do a damn thing, but of course I had lots of damn wonderful things that needed my attention. In the past I would have just drank a bunch of tea and knocked items off my list one after the other. Now that I know I have htx* I've been trying even harder to avoid caffeine.

I definitely needed some sort of a boost so I made a banana chocolate chia shake. My sister got my hooked on chia a few months ago and I was really excited about it for a few weeks, but then I was too lazy to make up another batch of my spice mix and haven't touched it since.

When my sister came by earlier in the week she brought chocolate soy milk and left it here for me to enjoy. I don't really drink soy milk now that I am in love with almond milk, but I do use it in recipes I plan to share with my allergy-ridden sister and niece. I didn't have any pancakes or other yummy breakfast foods I chug chocolate milk with so I wasn't sure what to do with it. After a quick look around , I saw had a pile of bananas getting too ripe too fast and I had my chia seeds in the fridge so I threw them all the blender and had a tasty treat in minutes. Oh, I also sprinkled in some cinnamon. There are probably other things you can add to make it healthier. I need to remember to add peanut butter for extra awesomeness next time.

By the time you read this I will be strutting my stuff at the AIDS Walk. I managed to raise some funds at the last minute, but I will need to start earlier and try harder next year, which will be lucky #7 for me.

*htx= hypertension. My pharmacist friend taught me that.

No comments: