more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Monday, October 10, 2011

Vegan Mofo V Day 10: I'm Not Yolking

I decided to switch up themes and I am going to do sandwiches (and maybe salads) this week. The first sandwich is going to be my favorite, simply because I didn't have to make it, or clean up the mess. My sister bought some veggies for a recipe the other day which I thought was for mock chicken salad, until I saw her getting out tofu this morning. Then I got interested because I've been wanting eggless egg salad, especially with the warmer weather. I went to walk my dog and when I came home everything was ready. She even made my sandwich for me so I sat down like an appreciative customer and enjoyed it. Even though I love cooking, sometimes it is nice to just show up and eat like everyone else does. I particularly enjoy not having to do the dishes :)

This recipe is from one of my favorite ladies, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. I think this will be my go-to eggless egg salad from now on. I like the crunch from the celery and peppers that keep it from being too mushy like some other salads I've tried. My sister put an orange and a red pepper so it had some extra zing to it. I can't believe I just typed "zing" but it was the best word I could think of at the moment. We didn't have relish (one of those ingredients we take for granted until we remember my brother is here and probably ate it all), but it still tasted great. It will be even better next time with all the ingredients.

Here is the possible sammich forecast for the week, in no particular order: Soy Curl Philly, Portobello Bahn Mi from The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life, a reuben or pastrami from Vegan Diner, and some others. There might be a breakfast sammich in there, who knows? I'm trying to keep it stove-top only so I have to review some recipes and get it sorted.

3 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

HURRAH! for sammiches. I LOVE sammiches, this eggless egg salad looks delicious.
:-)

x said...

I love the idea of eggless sandwiches, I'll have to try that recipe out! And how nice of her to make it for you ;)

k said...

@Jeni- It was delicious! I love sammiches too. This week has been fun so far.

@Mandee- It was so great to not have to make the food. Believe me, I treasured the rare occasion.