more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Friday, June 17, 2011

I Make Dough, But Don't Call Me Dough Boy(chucker)

I have been wanting soft pretzels loaded with mustard for about a week now. Today I decided to do something about it. I used the "Soft Pretzels" recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking. I've never worked with yeast before, partly because I was afraid of it not working out and also because I have hardly any patience. So this was a 2-for-1: get over fear of unfamiliar ingredients and learn to enjoy waiting. I had a blast rolling and shaping the dough, my niece not so much. I think next time I will roll the balls into sticks and then she can shape the pretzels. She got frustrated and it took away from the fun. Luckily they bake up quickly and everyone was happy as soon as she had a pretzel to snack on. As of this writing, only 7 pretzels remain (I had 3 and my niece had 2). Next time I will have to do a double batch or make sure someone else is here to confiscate them as soon as they exit the oven. I totally want to make pizza pretzels now!




Li'l ball of dough

All grown up now

Dough babies


My wannabe Wetzel's Pretzel twists
O.G. pretzels, half by me, half by my niece

Super salty the way I like 'em


Naked ones to be cinnamon-sugared  later

Ready to eat, no more time for pictures!

No comments: