more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Mofo Is Toast...But I Owe This Entry


Here is my "Chard Florentine on Toast Points" that I was supposed to make on Monday. I have never used chard before so I was kind of excited. It's nerdy but I always feel a bit proud when I try a new food since pre-vegan I ate almost no vegetables/plants at all. How did I survive?

This turned out to be quite yummy.Next time would be to toast the bread a bit before putting it in the oven, or not load so much cheesy chard on top. They were not as crunchy as I would have liked after the baking time, but I also was really hungry and did not have the patience to put them in for a few more minutes. The instructions do say to put them under the broiler for a few, so that might have done it, if I had only followed directions. I also would like to use a plain nondairy milk, but the only soy we had was vanilla, which I hate to use but I couldn't use plain almond since my sister is allergic and we were breakfasting together. I didn't want to open a quart of rice milk and waste it, so I'll have to drink rice milk around the next time I make this I guess.

Now that mofo is over, I can go back to slacking on cooking and blogging. Just kidding, but there won't be so much food I feel compelled to eat so I can get back on my program. Two packages I received today will help toward that goal: Appetite for Reduction and my Wii system. I haven't had a chance to play with either yet, but I'm sure I will exhaust them both soon enough. Time to take Dad and the dog for a walk!

No comments: