more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Monday, January 10, 2011

Reuben-Where You Been?

After making copies of some recipes a year ago, I finally made something from the Real Food Daily Cookbook today. I am so proud that my Total Reubens turned out totally awesome. It was a three step process to make the Reuben-style tempeh, Thousand Island Dressing and Tofu Ricotta Cheese but it was all worth it in the end. I marinated the tempeh since yesterday afternoon and made the other two spreads today. I wanted to make all three yesterday so they'd have time to chill/set, but it still worked out well. I couldn't find yellow miso for the ricotta so I had to use white. I think it came out just fine, but will try it again with yellow another time. I could just eat the ricotta on chips or crackers, which is what I probably will do since I didn't reduce the recipe and have quite a bit left over. Luckily we had an avocado on hand so we added that to the sandwich too since that's how we order it when we're at RFD. I have plenty of everything to make more sandwiches tomorrow so I'll have to get a picture of that one if I can stand to leave it alone for that long. My sister grilled ours in the pan, but I am a notoriously bad flipper so I might just toast the bread when I make them myself. We might go to brunch on Sunday so now I'm not sure what to order, but I will definitely get my own copy of the cookbook when funds permit.

No comments: