more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Vegan Mofo IV Week 4: Whip Appeal

Since everyone loved the pumpkin cheesecake, I decided to make another one. I bought extra supplies in case this might happen, mom taught me to always think ahead. Sometimes I get it right. When we were enjoying the first cheesecake, we wished we had a whipped topping for it. I would have bought some at Mother's but they didn't have any.

I remember my first attempt at vegan whipped topping years ago. It was probably the first time I really tried to make holiday desserts. None of them worked out very well. My desserts have come a long way since then but I've never revisited the whipped topping until today. There is a recipe in The Joy of Vegan Baking so I decided to try that one since that book has been an excellent resource whenever I'm not baking cookies or cupcakes since Isa and Terry have those covered. I do love Colleen's chocolate chip cookie recipe though!

Everything was loaded in the processor and blended to perfection. It tasted great when I was transferring it from the processor to a container. I put it in the fridge to let it chill and just took it out a while ago to try it with the cheesecake. I think it will be even better tomorrow. The recipe said to let it chill for several hours, but I only waited four to try it. I am an impatient gal and I wanted to get another entry in so I don't end this mofo as a failure. Tune in tomorrow for an update, and possibly coffee cake.

No comments: