more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Friday, November 26, 2010

Vegan Mofo IV Week 4: Dip Baby Dip

Since I slacked on my Thanksgiving menu I asked my sister what else she wanted to eat and she said to make Spinach Artichoke Dip. I bought most of what I thought I would need and then I consulted the PPK for guidance. The most popular suggestion was the Vegan Mouse's recipe. I knew they wouldn't steer me wrong and luckily I only needed one more ingredient for the dip, plus some bread/chips to dip in it.

We picked my uncle up from the train station and on the way home stopped at the store for the last minute items. Then I hurried around like a fool chopping veggies for the dip and for stuffing. Everything for the dip smelled and looked so good, I couldn't wait to get it in the oven. Since my dad made turkey, I had to use the toaster oven, which was okay since my baking dish fit perfectly. I followed the recipe but also sprinkled a bit of daiya on top. When it was time to take it out of the oven, it was tough to pack it up and take it away without trying it.

As soon as we got to my aunt's we tore into it. We probably stood over the dish for about five minutes stuffing our faces before we offered it to anyone else. My sister was a better sharer than me, offering tastes to my mom, my aunt and my grandma. I just kept serving myself. I know we could have ate the whole thing between us, but everyone else who tried it agreed it was quite tasty. It's great to have another go-to option to bring to functions. There was a little bit left over so we brought it home, but as of this entry it's already been devoured. I can't wait to make this again. I'm thinking of making a mini happy hour at home pretty soon.

No comments: