more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Vegan Mofo IV Day Two : Apple Crack

 
Even though we do not experience all four seasons in California, Autumn is my favorite for one lovely reason: Honeycrisp apples. I start trolling the supermarket aisles in anticipation the last few weeks of September hoping to catch the first harvest. It's a little crazy, but if you've had one you understand.

I used to be all about Fuji, until a few years ago when I was visiting a friend in Austin and she turned me on to Honeycrisp. I haven't looked back since. I've managed to get a few more people hooked, but haven't told too many folks, for fear of depleting the local supply. I'm not good at sharing, sorry.

Luckily the store my sister works at has an amazing deal right now, $4.88 for a 3 lb. bag. I can go through a bag or a bag and half a week if left to my own devices. I have been eating two a day for the past few weeks, but every now and then I'll sneak in a third. They're just so delicious I can't help myself. An open bag is an empty bag.


p.s. Sorry for the short entry but I spent most of my day at the DMV. I had a honeycrisp apple, yummy tempeh scramble from Vegan Brunch, two cups of tea and it was time to go get in line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New fruit! And what an awesome name too...

Happy MoFo'ing!

Stephie said...

This is great.