more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Vegan Mofo IV Day 3: Tempeh Helper


For tonight's dinner I made Isa's Tempeh Helper. I had most of the ingredients on hand since I've been wanting to make it ever since I read it on the ppk blog. Why the procrastination? I have no idea, but I won't let it happen again. It turned out great, even though I made a teeny tiny mistake.

Instead of using Frontier Chicken Broth powder for the helper and for the sauce, I only used two tablespoons of c.b.p. in the sauce. I thought they were the same until I was starting the sauce and didn't have enough left in one packet and opened another.Why were they two different colors? Oh because they are two different powders! Since it was my first time making it, I'm not sure how "off" it is for mixing flavors. I definitely want to try it again using all chicken or all veg broth powder.

I'm starting to get a head cold so I was too stuffed up to really taste it, but my sister said it was good and my niece ate hers up without too much resistance. She usually tries to pick apart new dishes to find an excuse to not eat them, but tonight she was open to it. She loved the cheezy sauce. We also had some sauteed spinach which I mixed in with my second helping and gobbled it all up. You're supposed to feed a cold, right?

That's it for now. I've got to get some tea, take Penny for a final walk and start resting so I can be a better mofo mañana.


2 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

That looks super scrummy. There's so many recipes I haven't gotten round to making yet - my bookmarks are overflowing.

k said...

Me too! I have binders of recipes and tons of bookmarks on the computer. I'm hoping to make all new stuff during mofo.