more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Monday, October 18, 2010

Keep On Walking


Yesterday was our 4th AIDS Walk. I look forward to the event every year, but this year I was even more excited since I am so much more fit than I was last year. I still have a way to go, but I'm definitely getting there. I slacked on getting pledges so I sponsored myself just enough to get the t-shirt. Last year I got a uni-small and squeezed into it, just barely. I wasn't sure how it would be this time. Since it was cool and drizzly, I was wearing two tank tops and a long sleeved t-shirt, who knew if there was room for all those layers? Thanks to my exercise efforts I was able to fit everything in and still have a bit of room in the tummy. I felt great, but the best part was when I met up with my sister and she told me I looked good. It's such a boost to have other people notice you've been working hard. Did I mention I also wore a skirt a size smaller than last year? Well I did.

The day before I went for my weekly trail walk/run with  friends. It was a total of six miles, so we walked three miles up and then ran/jogged three miles back. The first time I did the trail I hated it because it seemed so boring, until it was time to run the return and I couldn't hang. Maybe it was not as fun as the 5 mile hike I had done the week before but it kicked my butt, and then some. This weekend was my third attempt at the trail and after two weeks of the "fun" hike I was not looking forward to it, mostly since I was afraid of getting my ass handed to me again. I surprised everyone by keeping my pace and jogging the whole way back, which I've never been able to do before. I wasn't kicking dust in anyone's face, but I was proud to have finished without stopping. I watched the street numbers get smaller and pushed myself to keep going. My friend gave me a high five when I finished a few seconds behind her. When our other friend finished just after us she told me I'm starting to look more shapely. Thanks ladies, couldn't have done it without you.

No comments: