more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I the Jury

Tomorrow for the first time in 14 years, I am reporting for jury duty. I have successfully dodged this bullet by pitting county against county during the college years and working my lack of reasonable transportation for all that it is worth. It finally caught up with me though. The nearest courthouse is five minutes from my job which is five minutes from my house. I can walk there, but if I am really lazy I can also take a bus that picks up nearby.

At first I told myself I would go into work an hour or two before my call time and take care of a few things. Did I mention my call time is 9:00 a.m.? I have not started anything at 9:00 a.m. on a weekday in at least ten years. I have started work no later than 7:00 a.m. the last six years, 5:30 a.m. for the last three.

I don't think I should jump the work/jury duty wagon until Thursday. What if I only have to be there a few hours tomorrow? Then I will bemoan the extra hours of sleep I could have gotten, or the nice breakfast I could have had. All I know is I am bringing Mommywood and unless they have four legs they are guilty.

I'm kidding about the last part.

No comments: