more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Monday, June 29, 2009

you can't hide

They finally got me. I have had many near misses over the years. The most nerve wrecking was in my friend's car in the 7-Eleven parking lot. We got slurpee's at lunch and were getting ready to head back to work. There was a decent swarm by the garbage can but I thought we were well enough out of the way, until I went to close my door. This bee would not give up, it would not go away. It buzzed around my ankles for what seemed like forever, until it started buzzing up my leg a bit further. When it got up around my knees, I really started to freak out. Having never been stung by a bee, I didn't not want the first time to be anywhere I wouldn't want to show anyone who had to help me get the stinger out. I know that is silly but it was all I could think of, not wanting to flash my thighs, or worse, to anyone. Luckily we managed to shoo it away and get out of dodge.

A few weeks ago someone had knocked down an entire hive and there were bees everywhere. Of course I did not know this until I was in the middle of it all. I quickly got myself and the pup out of their way. It looked like most of them were dead but I didn't want to take any chances. We made it out without incident.

Saturday night, I'm going for a quick walk around the block. I'm about halfway home and I feel it. I make a small scream and Penny whips around to see what the fuss is about. I try to stay still even though it is already too late. This bee is doing "da butt" to my ankle like crazy. After a while I knock the little mofo off and step on it (they die anyway, right?). Then I try to hurry home without being too much of a whiny little bitch. It didn't hurt as much as I thought. The initial contact was the worst of it.

I've been pretty lucky to have avoided it for this long. Another pain I have managed to miss out on is having my wisdom teeth pulled. Sometimes I am stupidly bummed out since it seems to be a rite of passage I am missing out on, but if I can stave it off for a few more years, or forever, I'm cool with it. I have a huge mouth but little teeth, go figure. My sister isn't as lucky. She is getting all four pulled out today. I have no idea what that is like and hopefully I never have to know. I guess I will be a bit nicer to her for the next few days.

No comments: