more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Monday, June 01, 2009

rabbit rabbit

I'm crossing my fingers that all of the dog drama is winding down and I can start to get back on track. We went for a little jog this morning and it felt great, will be even better tomorrow since my new shoes should arrive today. I am trying to get back on the health wagon, have to start making menus and shopping smart again. There's lots of stuff I should be doing but am not, so I'm just going to have to take on one thing at a time.

I am re-learning to ride a bike. It's super embarassing, but I am doing great so far. I don't know why "easy" things like this are so difficult for me to do. It can only be because I make it that way. Everyone always made fun of me for being uncoordinated and so on, but now I am old enough to know not to listen to them. I am a little freaked out about going beyond our block since we live off a really busy street, but I know I will do it. Luckily it is a straight shot from our house to the grocery store so that will be a good first outing. I see myself "forgetting" items on purpose so I can bike to get them.

Oh and the second round of vegan twinkies had a more generous amount of filling, so I was feeling them more. The peanut butter s'mores from sweet & sara are amazing. I am glad I only bought one. Good thing they are kind of $$ for individual treats or I would buy tons. Since I was treated out I did not make cupcakes, but maybe tomorrow if it is cool/rainy like they say it should be.

3 comments:

maestralafay said...

My sister sent me this link a couple of weeks ago, don't know if you've seen it or not but they have a vegan section.
http://www.naturalcandystore.com/

I haven't looked to see if they have twinkies or not, but you might like some of the other stuff.

k said...

I've never seen that, thanks
Amber! They have vegan gummies, my niece is gonna be psyched.

maestralafay said...

welcome! Glad to pass it along. My sis sent it to me because I'm starting to have issues when I eat\drink anything that has high fructose corn syrup in it. So I've been on the look out for alternatives.