more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Penniversary!



If I knew one year ago that this little one was going to be so much trouble, would she be here now? Probably. I'd like to say next dog around I will be smarter and not let me heart follow me home, but that's not always how it works. I'm hoping since we survived the first year, the rest should go by much more smoothly, but I won't hold my breath. This dog has been, and most likely will continue to be, a challenge. She definitely shook things up around here and we haven't been the same since. We're all the better for it, though I can't say the same for some patio furniture.

I originally wanted to make a cake or some other treat to celebrate but since she is doing so well after her meds and remaining on the i/d diet, I don't want to mess anything up. I did get some treats of my own in the mail today: vegan twinkies, s'mores from sweet & sara, vegan brunch book and the latest issue of bust. So far we've only tried the twinkies which do not really taste like twinkies so I was kind of bummed. They tasted more like the v-con jelly donut cupcakes without the jelly and there wasn't too much filling inside. They weren't totally bad since I love the cupcakes, but I am going to get a pan and make my own like I have been saying for ages now. The s'mores are a sure thing and remind me more of moonpies than s'mores, but who cares, eat them! I can't decide what to make first from the brunch book, probably scrambled tortillas or the omelet. I also want lemon poppy seed muffins really bad so who knows? I am psyched to read the Kathy Griffin interview, but kind of confused that her cover picture seems way small compared to others. Usually the cover gal's face dominates the page and Kathy's head is seriously 1" square. Maybe I'm trippin', but I love the Kathy and it doesn't seem fair that she was shorted some face space. Funny girls need love too!

No comments: