more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

my-brary

The library was so great today. Triple nerd score. I checked out a few new books, put some on hold to be pulled from other branches, and got some rad things from the "friends" store. So I guess I am not mad at whomever recalled the laurie notaro book because if I was able to keep it for three more weeks, I might not have come away with all this.

new check outs:

My sister, guard your veil; my brother, guard your eyes : uncensored Iranian voices (marjane satrapi is in it!)

33 things every girl should know about women's history : from suffragettes to skirt lengths to the E.R.A (fun and educational, i'm on it)

From girls to grrrlz : a history of o+ comics from teens to zines (i checked this out before and didn't get to read it)


hopefully these make their way to my branch really soon:

The Mediterranean vegan kitchen: meat-free, egg-free, dairy-free dishes from the healthiet place under the sun

Vegetables rock! : a complete guide for teenage vegetarians

The Craftster guide to nifty, thrifty, and kitschy crafts : fifty fabulous projects from the fifties and sixties

95 pounds of hope

Fly solo : the 50 best places on earth for a girl to travel alone



and last but not least, here is my ninety-five cents worth of awesome:

Nikki & David Goldbeck's American Whole Foods Cuisine

The National Civil Rights Museum Celebrates Everyday People

Favorite Recipes Quaker Oat Bran Hot Cereal

A Year of Beauty & Health by Beverly & Vidal Sassoon



I cannot wait to go to the national civil rights museum. I am still really embarassed that I did not know it existed until today, but I will make up for it by telling everyone else about it.

No comments: