more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

the 20's are overrated...

unless one is discussing the 1920's, that is. Otherwise I am very glad to be tick-tocking my way out of such a decade. I am just so much happier with who I am at this point, I can't wait to be 30 and reach full on "I don't give a fuck" status, it's going to be grand.

I had my 28th birthday last week and I can honestly say, the last time I such a great birthday was my 21st. All the years in between there sucked. The girls at work decorated my desk really cute (hello kitty of course) and got me a hello kitty purse and frame, both adorable. I wore this cute yellow summer dress and brought in cupcakes and passed them out to everyone. I was kind of bummed out p.b. was not there to see me in my cute dress, but he sent me a nice email and I gave him the cupcake I had saved for him the next day(you can barf now). After work I went softball try outs and my sister took me to dinner and gave me the rest of my presents, really nice.

Friday night was our skate party and it was awesome. I had so much fun and thankfully did not fall down. I did get really sweaty and gross though. I'm still not comfortable/confident enough so instead of taking my time and coasting along I hurry up and just keep going around and around without stopping so I won't fall. So it's more like a personal challenge to stay up than anything else, but I have fun doing it. My ex-boss showed up and she used to skate competitively so she skated backwards and was talking to me which made me have to slow down so I wouldn't run her over. Each time I go I get a little better and I plan to keep going. It's good exercise but it's not boring.

After skating we went to this bar across the street from the rink. It was a little hole in the wall but it was quiet and clean. The waitress gave our whole table a free round for my birthday so I thought that was nice. I was thinking of going there another time until one of the regulars kept hitting on me and I had let her know I was not interested. So I had to pretend my friend was my boyfriend, which was probably more fun for me than for him, but he didn't seem to mind overmuch. I'm gonna pretend that he sort of liked it since when I went to buy a drink for myself and he wouldn't let me, he put my money in my front pocket. I mean, he could have just handed it back to me or something. But if he really wanted to, he would have put it in my bazooms, so I may just be interpreting things my own crazy way. He has a girlfriend anyway, so that would have been bad.

I think this year will be a good one. I'm going to do my damnedest to make it so.

No comments: