more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Vegan Mofo VI - Day 6: Bowled Over


Let's recap this week's cooking: Monday - beans, Tuesday- Rice, Wednesday-Pancakes, Thursday- Taco Mix, Friday- Torts. What am I going to bring to work for lunch on Saturday? Take everything, except the pancakes, throw it together and make a Taco Bowl! From bottom to top: salad mix, rice, beans, taco mix, guacamole and salsa. Yummy!

I love to order these when I am out but almost never make them at home. Now I have taco bowls for days. I might bring extra tomorrow and see if my co-worker wants to share lunch with me. She likes most of what I have brought in to work, especially the vegan sweets! She usually brings a sammich for lunch. I would much rather eat this than a sammich, wouldn't you? Popcorn Tofu Po' Boys and Tempeh Reubens are huge exceptions!

I didn't plan it this way but I enjoyed making one component of a dish per day and building on that throughout the week. In the past I would cook a dish each day and end up with way too much food. Going forward I might continue with breaking the dishes down or I'll scale down recipes so I don't
overcook/eat. Even though it's almost been a year since my sister and my niece moved out, I haven't adjusted to cooking for one. Sometimes they stop by and help me out with my food surplus, but that's usually only for known favorites. So if I make a huge batch of something and I'm the only one who likes it, I had better love it because I am the only one who will eat it. I could start freezing things too, so long as I don't overcrowd the freezer or forget all the treasures that are hiding inside.

I'll figure it out eventually. I have to start planning for next week. It's going to be a tight month so I have to make the most of what I have and spend as little as possible. Good thing I love a challenge!

No comments: