more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Friday, October 26, 2012

Vegan Mofo VI-Day 26: Grab and Go Joe!


I'm on no sleep today. I was up until early this morning doing last minute cleaning because we had an appraiser coming to the house today and my room wasn't ready for that at all. I had it almost all finished last week, but that was when I started to get sick and then I found out he wasn't coming until this week so I slacked off until about Wednesday night. I wanted to clean for reals and not just shove things under the bed and in the closet, but I did have to do a bit of that before taking a teeny two hour nap.

I was going to take a nap around 1 or 2, but we went to my sister's new house to get the locks changed out and leave them a little gift. Her boyfriend and his friends were moving things in and the locksmith was still working so my mom started sweeping the patio. I couldn't be a bum, so I got to work on the shelf paper my sister wanted out. The first few drawers were easy but after that it was a lot tougher. That paper was more stubborn than me. I was wiping it down with some product to help remove sticky stuff so I decided to just wipe down a bunch of shelves, let it sink in and then go back to effortlessly removing the paper. It was a good plan until I swiped my hand across a random shard of glass and cut my fingertip open. At first I thought I had poked it on a nail but it was bleeding way too much for that. After I got it under control I looked again and found the piece of glass. I worked a little more after that but couldn't get as much done without being afraid of ripping my cut open again while tugging at the paper. I put in about 2-3 hours work so I can't feel too bad about not finishing something I didn't even know I was going to begin.

My mom wanted to get some flowers and a few items for the empty fridge so I said to go to TJ's to get cinnamon rolls. While we were there I had her buy me some sushi for an easy no dishes/utensils lunch (every thing's still in boxes) and she let me get some kale chips too. I almost didn't see them but I found one bag hiding and quickly grabbed it. There were lots of other tasty treats like sammich wraps I would have loved to try but they all seemed like they would taste better warm and I had to have something I could open and eat without any fuss. Yay for TJ's coming to the rescue again. They are the unofficial mvp of my mofo this year. Thanks for letting me get away with some lazy shortcuts Joe!

No comments: