more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Friday, October 12, 2012

Vegan Mofo VI- Day 12: Super Sammich


Even though I love cooking, I am always happy when someone else makes food for me. It's great to just show up, sit down and eat. Of course, it's even better when someone brings the food to you, then you just have to sit and eat. Score!

My sister stopped by in between appointments today to check on her daughter and offered to make us sammiches. You know I said "yes" right away. I've never had Hickory Smoked Tofurky so I was excited to try it. I love the black pepper slices, but my sister said these are also good so I was ready to gobble them up.

I thought it was just going to be tofurky, vegenaise, tofutti single and some lettuce, but she hooked it up! There's alfalfa sprouts, tomato,and my all time fave, avocado on toasted sourdough bread. Yum! I love sammiches but almost never make them because they don't seem worth the trouble. But whenever anyone else makes them, I quickly realize, they are indeed worth it. I'm glad we only had about half a loaded sammich each because we needed to save some room for what was baking in the oven. Tune in tomorrow for more good eats!

3 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

That's such an epic looking sandwich!

Sarah said...

a good sandwich is an amazing thing and that looks AWESOME.

k said...

It was huge and so delicious. I'll pass my compliments on to my sister, the sammich artist.