more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Start!

We Celebrate You Babe!
There are lots of changes for 2012, it's going to be an amazing year of new thoughts, new actions and new people. I started my job four weeks ago and every day has been wonderful. I am so glad to be back in the library where I belong. I'm at the bottom, but I am damn good at working my way up so I am not worried about that at all. I am glad to be surrounded by books all day and can't wait until things get better and there are more full time positions. Thankfully it does leave me plenty of time for the dog, my chores and all of the reading I plan to do now that I have so many more books at my disposal. I already have more than I can handle so I need to step it up.

Another huge change is my driving. I started taking lessons about a month ago and I have my driving test in a few weeks. I am really excited to be doing this. So many doors are going to blow open once I have that little card in my wallet. I was so nervous at the beginning but I am much more relaxed and confident. Sometimes I am a little too relaxed and forget to watch my speed, but I am working on that too. My brother is going to get a newer car from his friend, so I am probably going to inherit his van when that happens. I really don't have money to buy one right now and I am only going to drive to and from work so it should be perfect.

So now that I have a job and soon will have a license and a car, you know that means it is time to get out there and find myself a man. I am working on changing my attitude about the area I live in. I just do not envision the rad guy I will fall for living here, but I am pretty awesome and I live here, so maybe he is hiding out here somewhere. I would love to save gas money and drive time, so I'll keep my mind and eyes open.

Even though this year is going to end well, it did not start off so great. I was shocked to find out that a very dear friend of mine was murdered in her home early on New Year's Day. I still cannot believe someone would do something so horrible to such a loving and beautiful person, but that sad fact is that these terrible things happen everyday and I've been lucky to have avoided them for as long as I have. It's been three weeks and there does not seem to be any good leads or news of progress on the case so that is making it even harder to accept. We want this man off the streets before he can hurt anyone else. Fortunately, my amazing friend, has many other amazing friends who got together and planned all sorts of fabulous events to raise money for her family to help cover funeral expenses and so forth. There are tons of other blogs and tributes much more well written than this one. I am going to try my damnedest to honor Esme's memory by being as energetic, enthusiastic, kind, loving, and supportive as she was to everyone she knew while she was here. ¡Viva la Esme B!

The fabulous folks at Girls Rock Camp Austin, put together a 37 piece band for this performance at her memorial in Austin. It's so beautiful I had to stop crying and smile.


1 comment:

Stacey said...

Wishing you an awesome year! :)