more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Vegan Mofo V Day 6: Gnocchi Didn't

Today I'm back on topic now with another magazine recipe. This is "Gnocchi With Roasted Cauliflower" from Real Simple. I love this magazine and have had a subscription for the past two years since I am a sucker for school fundraisers. I think my niece's school has a different program this year so I'm not sure I'll renew. I still have my VegNews and Bust subs to keep me busy, but will probably resubscribe when I have income again. Anyway, the magazine always includes a vegetarian recipe that could easily be made vegan, some of the omni recipes are easy to convert as well. I think this is the only the second recipe I've made, but there are more RS recipes lurking in the binders waiting for their day.

I really want to make my own gnocchi someday. I even bought a ricer 8 or 9 years ago that is hiding out in the back of the cabinet, but for now I cheated and used some from the store. Maybe I will do it for the "Stuff I Always Say I'm Going to Make, but Haven't Yet" theme. I'm still not sure if that is going to be a whole week of posts or if I will alternate it with other things. Depending on what I choose it could be a scary and daunting week.

This recipe was super easy to make and didn't take too much time, even for me. I served this on a plate, but it is probably better in a bowl so you can just scoop it all up. I love roasted cauliflower so I almost didn't want to mix it with the gnocchi, but they were good together. I just realized I forgot to sprinkle some parm on top, but it tasted great without it. I'll add it in when I am eating the leftovers. There is so much food going on this week!

No comments: