more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Breakfast Thyme

I love to come home and have breakfast waiting for me, but that doesn't happen very often. To adjust for that I made my breakfast last night and reheated this morning after my walk. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day but I am usually too hungry to bother to make it, which is why I often make weekly scrambles ahead of time. It's so much easier to eat well when you plan.

Today I had VWAV Scrambled Tofu and Brussels Sprout-Potato Hash from Appetite for Reduction. These potatoes are my new jam. They are so flavorful and tender, I might just have to lay off the VB Diner Home Fries for a while. I like brussels sprouts, but I think that even people who don't like them will still enjoy this. My niece turned her nose up when I mentioned the sprouts but then she had a bite and quickly changed her mind.

Both of these recipes have thyme in them, which I absolutely love. I don't think I ever used thyme until I started cooking from Isa's books. Now I cannot keep a steady supply of it on hand, but that's good because it means I am cooking a lot of delicious food for myself. I just need to get a huge drum of it, or start growing my own.

No comments: