more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blueberry Bombs

We had a wonderful time celebrating my cousin's 50th birthday this weekend. It was especially great to reunite with some cousins I haven't seen since we were kids. We have plans to hang out soon so I am excited for that, hope we can keep it up. I think my cousin felt bad we couldn't eat any of the lovely cakes she made so she sent us home with the fruit that was also out with the desserts. There were cherries, green grapes, black grapes and blueberries.
I knew the others would get eaten up on their own but I wanted to do something with the berries. After looking through lots of cookbooks for a blueberry muffin recipe I decided on the "Blueberry Lemon Muffins" from The Joy of Vegan Baking. I'm really pleased with how they turned out. I might put a bit more lemon zest next time because we really like our lemon around here, but they are quite tasty as they are. I'm glad we're going to get a break in the weather this week but had I known that sooner, I probably wouldn't have made these yesterday. 400 degree oven and 90 degree weather, not the best idea.

No comments: