more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Walk It Off























This morning our neighbors had their third annual "run, walk, bike" 5K event for the charity they set up in memory of their uncle. We have gone the last two times and planned on going again this year. Usually they will go door to door for sign ups or they'll bring by a flyer but that didn't happen until a few days ago. Since my walking partners are out of town and it was short notice, I wasn't going to participate. But lately I have been decluttering my room as well as my mind and I realized those are both really stupid reasons not to go. So I went, after my park walk with Penny of course.

I got all dolled up with some hoops and a stylish hat, grabbed my ipod and got ready to work it out. I can power walk with the best of them but when I am with a slower group I feel obligated to keep their pace or else it's not really like we're walking together. Now that I wasn't weighed down by politeness, or the few pounds I've shed these last few weeks, I could really go for it. I ended up being the first walker to finish. I even beat a few runners who stopped running and started walking. Even better, I think I weighed more than most of the people participating. Even though I'm a rounder shape, I've got more speed and stamina. In time I'll have more muscle than flab, but I'm gonna stay round where I'm supposed to be round. I don't want to be skinny, I want to be healthy and strong. Next year I want to run though.

No comments: