more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sweet Victory
















My weight loss bet ended last weekend. Results are as follows: I lost 10 lbs, my dad lost 2 lbs, my future brother gained 1.5 lbs and my mom opted not to weigh in after she knew my number. No one really congratulated with me, which was not too surprising since no one was really competing with me after the first week or two. I still wanted to celebrate and spend some of my winnings on something we could all enjoy. Up top is my victory cake that we ordered from Some Crust Bakery. We love their vegan cakes and will use any excuse to order one. I got chocolate cake with vegan bettercream and fresh strawberries for the filling.The quote is from a SATC episode, so bonus points if anyone recognizes it.

The contest may be over, but I am still working hard to get to my goal. I even uploaded photos to weightmirror.com to see what my "after" will look like. It's not completely accurate of course but the approximation is still rather inspiring. At first I just used older pictures I had saved to the computer, but then I asked my sister to take new ones, which no one else is allowed to see since I got down to my underthings. I printed it out and posted it in my room so I can keep an eye on the prize. I will probably do a more "public" set to put up on the fridge too.

I've also been working at rearranging my room, which I've been wanting to do ever since the huge bed took over. There are a few small details to sort out but the vision I had is almost fully realized. I will have to paint eventually but for now I just wanted to open up more space, get rid of tons of old clothes/things I no longer need and get organized again. Keeping busy has definitely helped me stick to my program. I don't engage "bored eating" like I would have in the past. I'm going to try to stop doing it entirely since it's a bad habit.

I'm just glad to be getting myself back on track, in many areas. It feels great to have order and control again. I am still embarrassed that I ever let that happen but I can't dwell on it. I can only keep going forward. I went for a hike last weekend with a friend and am going again this weekend. I am excited to keep that up since it was so gorgeous up there and it's great for my bum which could use a boost.

No comments: