more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Monday, August 09, 2010

Crunch Time




I have almost two weeks left on my weight loss bet. I am not where I thought I would be, but I am going to keep working to pick up the slack. I started out so strong, maybe too strong, and now I am fighting like mad to make sure I still win (and lose!). I thought I could lose 10-15 lbs and keep on going. I've only lost 5-6 pounds so I am going to push for 10 but if I end up with 8 that's okay too, it's not like my program is over when the bet ends. I have a long way to go to get to my long term goal, this was just a good way of bringing back focus.

No one else is making an effort so it is not as fun as it was at the start. Even if I do win, it won't really feel like it since it's like I am playing this game by myself. It makes me sad because I really wanted everyone to work harder at being healthy. I would love to lose to my mom or dad if it meant they stopped eating so much bad food and started exercising. I would not mind losing to my brother-in-law-to-be either. He is more muscular and younger so he should be kicking all of our butts, but his bad habits are keeping him back.

I like to do a cleanse in the summer but I am waiting until after the bet is over because I know if I win they'll say I cheated by doing that. We never made any rules about what you could or couldn't use. If someone wanted to use pills or crash diet it wouldn't bother me too much. I wouldn't do it because I want to do all of the work so I can enjoy all of the reward. The quick fixes are tempting sometimes but it just isn't worth it.

My number one weapon in this battle has been Penny. Having her in my life means I have to walk every day, but it's more fun with a partner. Now that her insides are under control we can spend more time outside. We're almost back to our original 90 minutes a day of walking and this is our third solid week of daily park trips in the morning (during my slump I wasn't getting up early enough to do that). I don't have to but I am going to share my winnings with her. She needs a new house and maybe some new toys. I'm getting new sneakers and maybe a few new tops. Wish me luck!

No comments: