more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Sunday, June 13, 2010

summer...it turns me upside down

I know it's not officially summer yet but both kids, my niece and my sister's boyfriend, are out of school so that is good enough for me. My niece will be a second grader in the fall and I could not be more excited for her. She adapted so well to a new school so quickly. She had attended Montessori school since she was 3 so we were not sure how she would adjust to "regular" school. She had some intellectual advantages, but some social disadvantages since at the other school there were only three or four children who were her age. Now she had 25 other kids to worry about. It didn't take long for her to get used to some new rules and establish herself as a teacher's pet (once again, I swear she is really my kid!).

My sister's boyfriend graduated from community college, earning his associates degree in sciences. He was a full time student, full time employee, and much to my sister's chagrin, part-time lover. Hopefully now that school is finished they will have more quality time for each other. His new job is a lot closer to our house so maybe he can do some before/after work drive by's. I am just waiting to see if he gets any kind of discount since he is working at a pet store. Penny needs a new house.

The other "kid" in the picture, Ms. Penny, has adopted her own summer schedule of sorts. I started taking her out earlier and later to avoid the heat. She made change of her own and she only wants to eat at night like a hippopotamus. At first I thought it was odd, but after a while it made perfect sense. As long as she eats all her food, I am happy.

Here is a hippo who is as spoiled as most of our dogs, if not more so:

No comments: