more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What do they put in that stuff?

I tried switching Penny's food about a month ago because I did not want to keep feeding her poor quality food disguised as good food (Hill's Prescription Diet I/D formula). I had read a lot about how corn is not good for dogs, especially those with digestive troubles. So I start looking for a new food for my dog, and in doing so, finally read an I/D label that lists the first ingredient as corn. I was paying as much or more than I would for premium dog food for what looks like cheap food. It didn't make any sense and I was really pissed off.

I slowly made the transition to a new food and it seemed to go well for a while. But pretty soon her problems started up again. I wanted so badly to put her on healthier food but her insides were definitely in disagreement with me. Maybe she is street to the core and just will not eat like a suburban dog.

I admitted defeat and changed her back to the i/d a few days ago. She's back in business, eating like it's going out of style and making normal movements. I'm glad she is doing better but I am still unhappy with the "cure" or whatever you want to call it. I'm going to keep her on it for a month or two but am going to start looking for something else that might work just as well.

No comments: