more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Thursday, May 06, 2010

It's Not You, It's Me





I tried to blame the pan for my cupcakes not wanting to leave their liners but today I realize it wasn't the pan, it was me. After they had cooled on Tuesday night I put them in the fridge since I was not going to frost them until Wednesday. I have only made the butter cream icing before so I was not used to the thinner icing. I added more sugar, about a teaspoon at a time, to make it thicker. After about the third teaspoon I stopped because I didn't want to overdo it and I also wanted to get to the sprinkly fun part. Since the icing was still thin, I put them back in the fridge after they were decorated and I think that is where I messed up.

Unfortunately our excellent dinner was followed by a disappointing dessert. I knew I would be the one to put the cupcakes out of their misery since no one else wanted to eat them. I had a huge kitchen mess to clean up so I did not hurry up and put the cupcakes away. I was so tired from all the cooking and cleaning that I just put them in Tupperware and left them on the counter overnight.

Today when I got home from the park with my niece I decided to give them another chance. Even if only got half a cupcake, it was a delicious half, right? Leaving them out did the trick. They were restored to their lovely lime-a-licious selves and we shared two of them. I just need to be more patient with the icing and next time they'll be perfect.

No comments: