more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Thursday, October 15, 2009

slow-mo mofo

sI had all intentions of baking carrot cake cupcakes for boss' day tomorrow, but since I am starting to get sick, I had to cancel. Luckily my boss' birthday is in two weeks so I can make them for that instead. I'm sure the carrots I bought can get souped. I had some sniffles earlier this week, no big deal but this morning I woke up with a sore, scratchy throat. I know I will be fine by Monday but today I felt like I was in a fog and I'm not sure how much I'll be worth tomorrow. I am trying to not get too bogged down or stressed out about it. I just have to do the best I can and not push too hard, especially since I have a 10K on Sunday that I cannot back out of for anything. It's the AIDS Walk, you can't whine about a cold in the face of AIDS, right? I lagged on getting sponsors so I ended up sponsoring myself. I'll have to hustle harder next year.

After work I ran some errands with my mom and got a Martha Stewart stock pot on clearance at Kmart. I almost got a cast iron skillet too but I had to slow my roll. Our payroll hasn't been going through the last few weeks so I didn't want to go overboard on my "fun" spending. I am excited for my new pot and cannot wait to make something delicious. I picked up Nava Atlas' soups and stews from the library last night so it is all timing up correctly. Now if only I could find a deal on the straining ladle.


p.s.

My mom was the first to notice about my vanilla-free cookies but it hasn't stopped any of us from devouring them.

p.p.s. I am glad to see some blogs revived, most especially Wing It Vegan and Vegan Chicks Rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better! I really like that book since it has so many ideas and is divided by season.

k said...

Thanks! I think I should be 100% by tomorrow. I am looking forward to the book.