more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Thursday, August 21, 2008

size extra hot

i'm way late to this loving yourself as-is business but i am quickly catching up. maybe my age has to do with it. pulling away from 20 and pushing toward 30 i realized i didn't "give a shit" for lack of better words about a lot of things. its not so much that i didn't care but more that i wouldn't let things bother me as much as they would have 5,4,3,2,1 years ago.

one thing that i did let bother me was my body. i would often downplay what size i really was, not to the point of buying clothes way too small and spilling out of them, but more like not wanting to add the plus. as long as i didn't go over 14/16 and could buy "regular" clothes, i was still okay somehow. i didn't "need" to shop at the big girls store because i wasn't one, at least not yet.

anyhow, i am over the big vs. little and letting numbers get the better of me. i bought a bathing suit last week, one size bigger than i thought i would need, which would have bummed me out except i looked really good in it. i never thought i would like the way i looked in a bathing suit again, so who cares what the tag says? i say awesome.

today i went shopping for bras since i had exhausted my two favorite ones. i went to lane bryant after work and got three really great bras that fit right and give great shape. the color of one of them is beyonce pink, hilarious. until i work out what's going on with my middle, i can keep everyone's eyes up top. oh and i got this funhouse type mirror from target for 5.99 or 6.99 that makes me look longer/taller, fake it till you make it.

No comments: