more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Monday, April 07, 2008

i'm not down

i am really being challenged by this new process i have been a part of for the past few months. it is frustrating at times but at the same time, i am thankful for the chance to learn new things and push myself. i never used to think of myself as a logical person, if that even makes sense, but now i feel more confident breaking things down and figuring out how they work together.

they keep changing the materials or nomenclature so it messes up the database (when they don't change it in all the right places. we usually don't find out until someone like me goes to use the "new" db and it doesn't work correctly. 8 times out of 10 i figure out what it is and can fix it on my own, but i run it by my ex-boss just in case. he's really smart and all, but i think after looking at the same queries, codes and so on, you probably miss things that someone with fresher eyes would notice straight away. so every time that happens i get to feel like i am smarter for a few minutes.

i figured it all out, it just ate up too much of my day. start over tomorrow!

No comments: