more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Thursday, February 14, 2008

v-c day!

 


victory on the cupcake front, huzzah! i made the carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese icing from vegan cupcakes take over the world and they came out awesome. i had to leave out the walnuts since my sister and niece are allergic. nuts or no, they're delicious.

i haven't used a mixer in ages since i never really mastered it and i kind of like the extra arm work, but i had to bust it out today for the icing, which turned out lovely. it was more than i needed and i do not go light on icing, ever.maybe i will whip up another batch of cupcakes, but not until sunday so i can send them away, otherwise they'll be stuck with me for years to come.

these were supposed to be for my mom and sister to share, but my mom didn't seem very interested about them, so my sister and i already ate half the dozen. who can say no to fresh cruelty free cupcakes? not me!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

e.b. said...

those look awesome! try the pies, it's not that hard. you can do it babe!

k said...

i may try a pie yet. good thing it is still cold baking-friendly weather.