more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Thursday, November 22, 2007

long haul-i-day

completely exhausted, but i believe i almost nailed thanksgiving, i give myself 8 out of 10 due to an incomplete menu. i had to give up on the seitan thing, but everything else turned out great, so i don't mind. next year will be a bazillion times better, but now it is time to get into the christmas.

i have been having trouble thinking of what i want for christmas this year. i really don't like people buying things for me, just makes me feel weird, even if it is xmas, birthday, etc. i really don't need anything and there isn't anything i really want that i would ask for anyone other than the real santa to buy me. i know no one has any money (self included!) and it shouldn't be about that anyway. when pressed, i usually give a short list of a bunch of small things i know are 20 bucks or less. while overindulging on veg fried rice and flipping through vegnews the subscription insert fell out and i was like, yeah, get me a subscription to vegnews-20 bucks! so my sister will probably do that for me, rad. i will probably also say to donate to something instead of spending money on me, which is what i did for my birthday.

i have no idea what i am going to get for anyone. i might try to start making some stuff? i was thinking to give them kiva certificates maybe. i know i want to adopt a wolf for my dad and maybe a penguin for my niece, and sign my sister up for an ngo she likes? i'm not sure what i would do for my brother or mom though since they don't really care about anything, not in a bad way but they just don't seem to have pet causes like the rest of us. i thought i would get a "real" gift for each of them and then a gift that gives back, awwww.

the most exciting thing about christmas is the baking. i alread know i will make mexican wedding cakes and some sugar cookies with the child, but i will have to dip into the joy of vegan baking and find some other treasures. as i said before, that book is going to change my life.

No comments: