more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vegan Mofo VI-Day 31: Photo Finish


 Happy Halloween! I had a busy morning and did not get to cook anything before work so my finale post is kind of a dud. I am going to post the rest of the week to try and make up for it. In the interim, here are some photos to cheer you up. First up, the only candy in our bowl I could eat. I'm so glad skittles no longer contain gelatin but there are probably tonnes of other reasons to stay away. It's only once a year, so I'm going for it.
Next up is my favorites treat of all, my dog Penny. I swore I wouldn't be one of those people who dresses her dog up but a few years ago costumes were on sale at a huge discount so I decided to try it. I had no idea how she would react but she didn't seem to mind at all. As long as nothing has go on her head she will wear it.
She was okay with the scarf and her sidecar companion, but the goggles, not so much. They strapped under her chin and her ears had to poke out of two holes as well. She kept shaking them off and I kept putting them back on but after a while I just had to give up and make the best of whatever shots I was able to get.
Last of all is my pumpkin- E.T.! I watched the final hour of this a week ago when I was up late cleaning so due to being tired I was way more emotional about it and fell in love with  the film all over again. I wasn't going to do anything for Halloween but I had to carve at least one pumpkin. I used to do 3 in the past but now that my niece is old enough to do her own I've let up on that. I have a few pattern books but I decided to look online for free stencils. When I found this one I knew it was the right one. I didn't even have to resize the printout. It fit perfectly. Yay!

 I'm sad mofo is over and there are a few things I really wanted to make but due to time or weather they didn't happen. I hope to do a better job next year but at least I might blog a bit more regularly now.

No comments: