more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Vegan Mofo V Day 26: On the Go!

Today was my volunteer day in my niece's class. The teacher put me to work on the paper cutter. I don't mind doing it, but I get way too nervous about lining everything up correctly so I know it takes me way longer than anyone else. After the first half hour or so I get comfortable, but I know I could get a lot more done if I didn't obsess over small details. Some sheets just had to be cut in half so that was easy.The loose leaf pages had the tops and sides cut off so I had to figure out the size of those. After I did that, it went much more smoothly. I messed up when I was putting the booklets together but didn't notice until I was almost done and only had 4 of the 6 pages I needed to make the last one. I started flipping through the completed ones to find the mistake but didn't have time to fnishe before the bell rang. I told the teacher but she didn't seem to mind, yay! I know it's volunteering but I still want to do my best. I'll be more careful next time.

After school we came home and did some tidying up and had snacks before it was time to take my niece to taekwondo. I usually don't like tagging along because the studio gets crowded and stinky and it just eats up a lot of the day when you figure in the drive up, back and class time. But we need to be supportive and also some of my fave places to eat are nearby so we usually grab food before or after class. Today it was before, so that put me in a better mood to sit through it, and I brought books and magazines to keep busy (Educating Esme and the new issues of VegNews and Real Simple).

We had tofu for dinner, one of my favorite things. Simple food is my favorite food. The less fussy the better. I just want to get down and eat something yummy with the people I love. The more holes in the wall, the better (sometimes). Plus it is always nice when I don't have to cook or clean!

No comments: