more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

blame it on the rain



Our weekly forecast included three days of scattered showers, time to make soup! I've been trying to make the most of my pantry (again) so this Lemon Lentil Chickpea Soup was a perfect fit. I only had to get zucchini and onion but I decided to add some carrots as well. I'm not sure if the carrots will "go" but it was worth a try.

It started raining right when my soup came to a boil. I ran outside like a fool to get Penny and crate her in the garage. The last few times I have done this it stopped raining by the time I got her settled and came back into the house. Scattered showers are annoying but it's better than no showers at all I suppose. Let's see how many May flowers they bring. I have already noticed tons more birds and bees this year.

This was my second time making the recipe which I first found in an old issue of VegNews. It is also featured in Eat, Drink & Be Vegan by Dreena Burton. I will have to do a closer read but I think the only difference between the recipe in the magazine and the recipe in the book is the vn version calls for red onion. I could not find my copy of the magazine so I looked for it on the vn site and missed it the first time. I did find it later when I did not use as many words in the search. Maybe next I will find my magazine copy, and better yet, I will get my own copy of the book!

p.s. It is not the most photogenic soup, but it tastes lovely, I promise.

No comments: