more like this @ comicallyvintage.tumblr.com

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

holi-daze

While at Target this afternoon I found out there are only 45 days left until Christmas and only 16 (I think) until Thanksgiving. I have not planned my menu or tried out any possible new editions. I did make Tofurkey roast last night and it was yummy since I loaded up the casserole dish with veggies and basted like a mofo. I will have to get cracking if I want to do any tests in the next two weeks. I definitely want to bring a pumpkin tofu cheesecake for my co-workers to try and also because I don't think anyone else at home likes it as much as I do and I do not need to eat the whole thing, even though I can. I also need to finally make the pumpkin brownies which are also featured in Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar (it invaded my mailbox today)

Since I ate way too many halloween cupcakes I am trying to get back on the right track. I made black and white bean soup for the billionth time today since I had leftover veggies I didn't use in the roast and I have way too many cans of beans in the cupboard. It just finished cooking so I can start putting it into jars and packing some up for tomorrow. Yay! That and some extra walks might take care of some of the cupcakes, but now I have to watch out for vegan cookies. Maybe I should start with the breakfast ones?

Did I mention I went to Target today? We have been swamped at work for the past few months but I think it is finally going to slow down (so they tell us). In the meantime everyone has been stressed out, bogged down and riled up so I did what I would normally not do and jumped on the commercial Christmas bandwagon really early. I bought a 3' lighted tree, two tubes of $1 bulbs (one disco, one glittery) and a mini stocking for each of us plus glitter glue to write our names. Since we can't have candles around all that glorious paper I also bought a reed diffuser that is supposed to smell like cedar and pine. I would have preferred to get a real tree but since we might be gone for two weeks I feel bad for how that would turn out. I was so excited for all my purchases, the only thing I could not find was a package of reasonably priced hooks, but isn't that what repurposed paperclips are for?

No comments: